Monday 10 November 2014

NaNoProgress: Day ten

Word count: 16,574

I have under 20 days to finish my novel! That crazy! I've been doing this thing for 10 days already? Its felt like many weeks, many many weeks of this stuff! But its only been a week and three days.

So today I wrote on Alice's journal, and just finished entry five. I'm pretty proud of myself! Running on this smoothly. Just the matter of remembering I'm writing in a present and past tense, all the scenes she talks about are to be expressed through past tense.

I was talking to mum today about my word count. And I was thinking about how 1000 words seem like nothing to me now I'm at 16k. I mean, 100 words are like little babies. When I see the number, it looks like nothing to overcome. Its crazy how when I stared, I thought that 100 words was huge, and 1000 even bigger. But now I feel like I can accomplish anything! Its nothing but letting your imagination flow onto the page.


 

4 comments:

  1. What? It's only day 10? I keep thinking the month should be over already haha :P Glad NaNo is going good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah the month is being a slow poke. But I will take advantage of the time and get words done. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! When I fist started writing, 1000 words was a big deal, now when I have to write something under 1000 words at school I'm like 'nooooooo I need more words than that!!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. They become so little! My 2000 word essay is nothing now!!!

    ReplyDelete