Saturday 15 November 2014

Beautiful Books: NaNoWriMo Writing Questionare

This is the #2 lot of Questions for the Beautiful books run! The last one I did with them was #1 Plotting Questionare (check that one out). Beautiful Books is run by Bloglovin/NoteBookSisters (they changed their name!)


Question one: Be honest: How is your writing going?

Its been a hard road over the last 16 days. I have really doubted my chances of ever being a good writer. I do the bad thing, and go and compare myself to other writers, and the way that all their words just flow so beautiful on to the page.
And I just cant do that! But what I have have to think, is that my ideas are beautiful, and I love them no matter what. And also, this is my first ever book to really ever write. I have attempted other stories in the past, but never finished a first draft. And the fact that I am almost half way through my first daft, is just the best feeling in the whole world!

Question two:  What's your first sentence/paragraph?

"I walk along the scuffed dirt path; its mixed with last nights early snowfall. I cant believe he's dead! The wooden coffin is carried by the group of Iciest council members, that includes my Father, Levi Mistral."

Question three: Do you have a book cover, and/pictures that reflect your book?

I have this dream cover. One that I would really love if I had it published. But I am yet to create it. I will draw it out and post it on this blog sometime.
I have played round with covers, and pictures.

This one is just a rough cover, more like a place holder. 
Nothing like the one I want though. But I like the picture.
I have so many pictures that inspire and reflect my novel. But I keep most of them on My Pinterst.   


Question four: Do you have pictures of each of your characters? If not describe them to us! 


Iris Mistral: my MC. She really has white hair. 


                          Priss Mistral: Iris's twin sister            


Jack Heron: My male MC. 


Alice Mistral: Priss and Iris's mother 

Sister Ana: Iris's flame 

I do have other characters. Though I don't have pictures of them yet. So the other characters are...
Jolene, Loy Griffiths, Christophe, Griffiths, Levi Mistral, Fray, Silvia, and that's all I can think of at the moment! 

Question five: What scenes are you most exited to write? 

I'm looking forward to getting to the climax of the story. So when Iris finds out the TRUTH! And everything really goes down hill from there. Emotions, deviation, and I know I can write that! 

Question six: Share snippet of a scene that you really enjoyed writing.

All of a sudden I feel the presence of someone in aisle. I keep my pencil moving on the page, not wanting to make eye contact with the person. Although, who wouldn't notice notice a girl sitting on the floor in the corner of a bookshelf?
I can’t take it! I look up.
Oh my God!” I scream, slamming my sketch book closed.
Don’t scream for Gods sake! Where in a library!” says the Shadow boy. His hood is still over his head. Why does he have to have it like that? It’s freaky.
Take off the hood!” I demand. I see his smile through the shadow. He removes it, reveling his full face. A mess let of brown hair lies all over him head. His face is handsome, but I try not to let it distract me.
I hug my book close to my chest, pressing my back hard into the corner. Hard enough to hurt.
He looks behind himself, then to me.
What do you want?” I shiver; the question seems to bring revelation to his face.
He crouches down in front of me. “What’s your name?”
Mistral…” I don’t want to give him my first name. He nods. He taking a deep breath, running his finger through his hair.
He leans right into my face; there is nothing but inches keeping us apart.
I wonder if he can hear my heart beating! I’m locked in his eyes. They are beautifully dark like my own. But dangerous.
You should be more careful next time!”
My stomach turns as he waits for my answer. But the words don’t come. I can’t bring myself to speak. I just nod my head vigorously in reply.
Good!” He says as he pushes himself back. 


(That was the one I liked writing the most. Although, I know it needs lots of work, its the one I am most proud of...) 


Question seven:  Now that you're writing, have you any plot details or the process itself, turned out different than you planned or imagined?

Yes! I always had the door unlocked, so if I ever needed to change form my original outline, I could. And I am so glad I did, cause so much as changed. 
The back story is still remaining the same, cause that is the one that makes the story what it is. But the relationships and other events have been moved around and played with. 
After putting in the death of Griffiths, I realized that there was going to be a bit of a change. But it was one of the best things I ever did, creating and killing that character. 
So yes, things have changed! 

Question eight: Is there a character of aspect of your plot that is difficult to write?"

 Yes, they are strewn all about the place. Though its hard to name specifics. My hardest character has been Jack, cause I want him to be one thing. but he turns out to be another, and I really cant understand him sometimes! 

Question nine: What's your favorite aspect of your novel so far? Favorite character?

Favorite aspect: would be watching Iris. She is so much of me, everything she is, is what I am on the inside. She is the figure of my feelings. And its frighteningly beautiful. 
Favorite character: Alice, (i love them all) but I love Alice. 

Question ten: Have you drawn off any life experiences or people you know to create your novel and characters?

Like I said in question nine, Iris is a figure of my feelings. So I can write as Iris. Most of the characters are just out of my imagination. 

I have never been to high school, or any school for that matter. I am not in the Catholic religion, I have never lived, or even been in a big city like the city in my setting. I don't have a twin sister, I'm not in wealthy society. Etc 

But I am artistic like Iris, and all crazy feeling. 

Jack can reminds me sometimes of a guy I know. 
Sister Ana, character was inspired by one of my Youth group leaders. 

Question eleven: Do you have a playlist or certain song for your novel and/or charters?

I have a list of music on Spotify that I listen to. Mostly The Civil Wars, and Ellie Goulding. It all really depends on what mood I'm in on that day, or the scene I'm writing. 

I am starting to find theme songs for my characters. 
Priss's song is Little House, sung by Amanda Sheyfried. 
Iris's song is Lights, by Ellie Goulding. 


Question twelve: Lets have some fun for a moment: imagine you are somehow transported into your books world. Which character are you most likely to be found hanging with?

It would be Fray. I carry the traits of a shadow, so it would be safest for for me to do. I trust Fray. 

Question thirteen: How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your daily word count? 

Mostly Pinterest and Music. They are my drive. And also the pleasure of having hit that word count. 

Question fourteen: What is your favorite writing quote or piece of writing advice?

"We have to be continually jumping of cliffs and developing our wings on the way down."Kurt Vonnegut

Question fifteen: How does this book make you feel so far? Are you laughing? crying? Frustrated?

There are a lot of mixed feelings, so I cant really be sure.   


4 comments:

  1. I love that quote by Kurt Vonnegut! And ohh, I hope your climax is really awesome when you get to it! :)) I love pinterest as a motivator too....although I always wander off to fandom boards instead of actually gleaning inspiration for my books. ;) I'm bad. lol
    Thanks for linking up with us and good luck for the rest of your NaNo book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to go about quoting people with all these writers quote... I have this big thing for fandom aswell, but they help inspire things for my story.... :)

      Delete
  2. That first paragraph was great!!! I must read more! Hope the rest of NaNo goes good for you too ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a curious exchange between your two characters—especially her reaction to his words. Good luck writing!

    ReplyDelete