Saturday 22 November 2014

Blog Award tag - One Lovely Blog

I was nominated the the lovely Wild Horse at Opal Swirls. Thanks you for Awarding me! (for both of them)




The Rules:
 ♥ Thank the person who nominated you. 
♥ Leave a link to their page. 
♥ Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips. 
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers 
♥ Notify your nominees by email or comment 

How I started my blogging journey 

Back when I was about 11 my mum started up a blog. And for years after that I wanted to create one, but had no idea what I was going to blog about. So up until early this year I tried to set one up. But I really didn't know how to work blogger. 
But when joined GoTeenWriters I started to get back into the writing groove. Upon finding the Facebook group I noticed that a lot of the writers had blogs, and shared some really amazing inspiring things on their progress, and tips. 
So when I found out about NaNoWriMo in October I thought I would start blogging. And that meant creating a Google account (which I use more than Facebook now) And started to try and understand how to use this new, hard and annoying format. Thanks to the lovely people on YouTube, I found out how to use it. (in the end!)
I named my blog after me. The .H. stands for my middle name, Heather. 
I love blogging now, and Blog most about my writing. I love updating people on what I'm doing. And Its nice to just let out my thoughts and share my work. Cause I tend to keep a lot that stuff to myself, and only share it with some of my closest friends. But here I feel safe, and free to share what I have. 
I've only been blogging for two months now, so not to long. But long enough to love doing it! 

Blogging Tips
I'm still new to this stuff, so no where near a professional in any of this! 
  • Make your Blog a comfortable place to be. When ever I go on my blog, I am comfortable. I enjoy being on it. So make sure that you, yourself are comfortable and cozy when you visit your site. Use colors that compliment each other, and fonts that work. Keeping your blog tidy and easy to use. (Sorry that was so long)
  • Post what you enjoy doing: A blog, 9 out of 10 (just guessing there) is a personal site. Something that you can update. So what ever you blog about, just make sure you love it! (I love blogging. Its like a hobby for me now.)
  • Widgets: Now you have to be careful not to add to many, other wise you will just look like your over loading. But the other day I found out how to add them. So I added my pinterest board. I love looking at other people Pinterest boards! I feel like you get another inside veiw looking at what pictures they add to they boards. So add a Pinterst board! (if you have one. If you don't, then get one, you will not regret it! I know I haven't!)
  • And one more thing: If you cannot figure out how in the world to use something on your site. Search your problem into Google, and there are countless tutorials on how to do, just about anything!     
It wont seem to show up!
ONE LOVELY BLOG


 The Rules: 
♥ Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. 
♥ List the rules and display the award. 
♥ Add 7 facts about yourself. 
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers. 
♥ Follow on blogger the person who nominated you

    
Seven facts about myself 

  1. I am really shy. Like I get really scared talking to new people. I'm kind of that girl in the corner that don't say much! But when you get to know me properly, I talk a lot. Trust me, I have a lot to say if you get me going! Though I am working on it, and getting better, thanks to the help and encouregment of some people in my life. Be Brave & Never Give Up 
  2. I like to sing. I will do it round the house, doing the dishes, on the commuter, writing, when I'm in the car. I'm not an amazing singer, and sound really bad if someone asks me to. But I love doing it. So I cant sing, but that doesn't mean I wont!
  3. I love wearing dresses. I like it when summer comes around so I can wear pretty summer dresses. 
  4. I love reading. I have gotten 3 books out of the library this weekend. (I got board, and overly exited.) I get this weird thrill when seeing books now. Every cover has something its hiding, and I really want to know! 
  5. I can see right through people. Its not a super hero power! But its just something ever discerning person holds. I can tell if someone is being shallow, I can tell if your lying. And I sure hate hypocritically people. (Get your act strait! We are all dying, I say don't drag problems with others down to your grave!) (sorry if that sounded bad
  6. I love my hair. I mean its the only thing I really care about on me. If my hair looks great, then I look great. That is all.
  7.   I like hugs from people. I'm not really that much of a touchy person. I will reframe from touching anyone if possible, and I tend to freeze up when someone touches me. But I will always have that (small) room for a hug, (If I like you, you will get one)



Nomination Time, for both Tags  

And that is all I cant think of to nominate! Hope you guys have fun answering all the questions! <3 

-Rachel







7 comments:

  1. Could you change it to my pen name? Sorry, it's just a rule my parents have :)
    But thank you for doing the tag!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! I will keep it in mind for the future! :)))

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, thanks so much for nominating me! :-) I'm pretty new to blogging too - and I love your blog, by the way! The design is super pretty. *runs off to write post*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! No problem. I really love your blog too, its really fun to read, and nice to look at ;) :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the award! ^ ^ I'm finally getting to it lol. I'm also an introvert too. Introverts unite!

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's all good Victoria. I'm looking forward to seeing the post. :)

      Delete