Sunday 16 November 2014

NaNoProgress: Day sixteen/the city

Word count: 25,783 

I spend so long last night. Just tying to get my words in. But I failed that days word count, with still 800 words to go. I was just so tired, my hands were shaking, so I couldn't type.
(Today is day 17 for me. Cause I didn't do this post yesterday)
I woke up this morning, with a fresh start. Confident that I was going to get to the 30k point. So that is what I am doing today.I am going to get ahead.

A. Cause I have an essay to finish writing. I'm about 400 words off finishing that. (whats 400 words anymore?)

B. And I also have to make my friends 21st birthday present. So busy, busy. I have so much to do, and I all I want to do is sleep. I just want to sleep!

Stetting: I have not named my city yet. Its really bad. I just put in a place holder. But still, its taken a lot of world building.
The time is in the far future. After what the people call the fall. Technology crashed after the fall. The world had to start again. The city is the only place that the people know. Its a haven, to the world outside. Its built to be safe.
I have placed it the UK, I don't know where (that sounds really bad.) But I'm saying somewhere like England. But none of the people know where the setting is.

So back to the city, and the world building. I'm seeing it looking like London, but future London, with a mix of New York and other big city's. Transportation is subways, trains, and trams.
The city is in about 6/10 levels. So there is the ground level, and then you climb from there. (Stairs everywhere)
I've never been to London, or New York, or the UK... So I just have to use my imagination.
-Rachel

-




   

No comments:

Post a Comment