Friday 7 November 2014

NaNoProgress: Day seven/Filling in the gaps

Word count: 11,629

I wrote 3,058 words today!
Today has been a long hard day! Through the hard trails, I came out with the best result.
NaNoWriMo has taught me a big lesson about being a writer (or anything in life!) that if you want to get something done, you have to be freaking dedicated! Yes! dedication is the biggest key to doing anything, especially NaNoWriMo!
So I got myself down to the whole dedication thing today. After not being able to sleep last night, due to the amount of words that I was behind in. (There were a lot of words) I was so scared I was going to be behind. But I sat down at my laptop first thing, and started brainstorming. I did not write at first, cause I was struggling on ideas!
I spent my whole day at the computer with my laptop listening to music, trying to inspire. And by the afternoon I hit 10,000 words! I was so happy, I had to stop myself from crying. Lucky for me I had the whole house to myself this afternoon, so I had a couple of hours of pure quite.

What was my problem? As I said in my last post, I'm doing everything in small story parts, then moving them to the original page. Still I add up every word I type, not a word wasted! At this point I am at the start of my story. Introducing my problem. my problem was to be around the 10,000 word mark. I had the beginning written, and the end written. But their was the terrible in-between. I had no idea what I was going to fill it in with. This was the biggest problem to face! Cause if I filled in that gap, I could move my words for the end of it to the doc.
With a bit of luck, and a lot of time to think, I finally came up with the fill in. (2,767 words to fill in) But I filled it all in. I have not completely finished that filling in, only a couple of hundred words off the fill in!
Through that process of finding the fill in, introduced me to another key I had been looking for! So yay!!!

Author Inspiration:  Just a quote!

-Rachel



 


1 comment:

  1. Those hours when you have the house to yourself.... That when I get the most done as well :)

    ReplyDelete