Sunday 28 December 2014

New Year Resolutions/Acknowledgments

Hello Readers. It has been about three month since I started blogging. And it is now the end of 2014. So I am going to do my New Years Resolutions. Brett Michael Orr and Adriana Gabrielle did this, and I think a couple of others. So I wanted to jump on the boat and do a list too.


So First I would like to make a couple of acknowledgments. 

First i would like to thank the friends that have stood by me over this year: Hayley, Diana, MJ, Ellie, Lachie, Vicky, for being supportive and standing by me, even though I've gotten angry, and over the top emotional, etc. Just thanks for being there. (And for dealing with me)

I would also like to give a HUGE shout out to my amazing Mother. Thank you Mum for being there through my entire life. To being such a great friend. And listening to my ramblings about how my story works, and how I see things. Love you!

Shout out to my Youth Group at CB. For being the bubbly exiting and entertaining bunch. And for being a great community of teens for me to spend my Friday nights with. Also we cant forget the Youth-Pastor Kate! And all the great times spending time with you and the Barker girls before youth, and letting me have an inside view of how the church runs.

And last but not least: All the super awesome teens over at GoTeenWriters. Without you guys in the Facebook group; I would still know nothing about writing. I have learned so much. And Its been great to be in a community of writers on the same journey as me. (Plus my NaNoWriMo writing buddies. You guys are awesome.)


New Years Resolutions 


Revise Clandestine, Re-draft it, and polish it up for (maybe) publication 

I am so close to finishing writing my first-ever-novel. I'm currently at 60,000 words and counting. And hoping to get that finished in early January. I'm planning on jumping straight into revising/editing. Since I will have about two months till I start with my studies (Need to take that time)
I really want to have this piece of work published some-day. And I'm hoping that I get it at least reader worthy this year.


Create a reading list 

Yes lady's and gents: There are many book I want to read in the new year. And I am going to make a long list. (I will make a post early next year with that list)
There is so much out there. And I need to read them!!!


Get a Job

Yeah. Sadly I'm getting old, and it turns out you have to work if you want to live (I know right) I'm hoping I can get a job in: re-tale, or waitressing, or if I'm luck: In the library (Please!)


Get my Drivers Licences

I've got a car, but no drivers licence. Not even my learners! (I'm getting it guys.) But my goal is to have that full licence by the end of this year. (I need it)


Camp NaNoWriMo 

I am planning on attending Both of the camps, and do NaNoWriMo again in November. Go Me! And everyone else that plans on doing it again in 2015 :)


Become better at the Piano 

I taught myself how to play. I'm not the best. But I can do it. I can play: John Legends All of Me, Taylor Swift Safe and Sound, Down-Ton-Abby Theme song, Beethoven Fur Elise, and a couple of other randoms.


Work to become a better writer 

I am so new. When I started, I had no idea what I was doing. But like always, I surprise myself. But even now, I'm in need of so much work with the way I format my work. So I'm going to work on getting better over this year.


Do Good in my Studies 

I'm going to work to my fullest ability in my studies. I'm going to work, and get good grades with everything I do. And I'm going to enjoy it. (Go Graphic Design)


I'm going to enjoy myself 

I'm really good a being boring. So this coming year, I want to break out of my comfort zone and have some fun. I want to break free, and just be me in-front of people. (This is going to be the harder one)


Extend my Faith beyond measure

I want to be a better Christian. Though I know no one can be that. But I want to put more trust in Christ than I had in the previous year. I want remember why I got baptized.


That that is it. (There must be more, cause there always is with me) But thanks for reading. And let me know what your goals are. Or you could do a post like this (I will find it, and read it,)

Happy New year

-Rachel


8 comments:

  1. Great resolutions, Rachel! I'd like to sign my first book contract in 2015 and write 2 more books ( a sequel to my first plus a new story). I'd also like to lose the rest of my baby weight :) Here's to a happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara. Thank you :) Plus I think all your goals are wonderful as well! Have a good New Year :)

      Delete
  2. For your reading list, I suggest We Were Liars by E Lockhart! If you haven't already read it :)
    And I'm planning on doing both Camp NaNoWriMo's as well! And maybe NaNoWriMo - exams are going to be pretty difficult though.
    I'm not planning on putting my post like this out for a few more days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book looks really interesting. I will add that to my reading list :)
      I have an account for Camp NaNo, so I will add you as a buddy. Looking forward to seeing your post.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel! Thanks for participating in my event!

    All of those resolutions are wonderful! I know how finishing that first novel feels - relief, joy, a little trepidation. Keep pushing forward, even when forward seems like the hardest way to go.

    I love your other resolutions too; they're quite meaningful and perhaps even a little inspiring. I hope you achieve them all!

    I have linked you into my blog post. If there's anyone else interested in getting in on this, please link to me, message me etc, and I will add you to my original post!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brett.
      Thanks for the link up. And I will send others your way. Have a happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  5. I love you too. <3 I'm very proud of what you are doing. Your resolutions are good and I know you will do fine.
    “Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be.”
    - Fannie Brice
    xo

    ReplyDelete