Thursday 10 September 2015

Resons Why I Love 80's Movies

Hello World.


I am in love with 80's movies. I enjoy them so much to I re-watch them multiple times. I have lost count on how many times I have watched the Back to the Future trilogy. As it continues to be my favorite...even though my siblings are completely sick of it by now. So here are some of the reasons why I love 80's movies. (Through GIFS)

back to the future gif - Поиск в Google


First They have amazing music. Seriously, I love the music from this time period. I was talking to my dad the other day about music from back in the day, to today's music. He made the point that the music from the 70-80-90's have more meaning and morals than a majority of today's music. I love the song by Simple Minds, Don't You forget About Me from The Breakfast Club.

I feel like in just about every one of these movies I have watched so far, there has been generally good characters and character development. Hardly any of these teens are remotely shallow hollow headed. They stand up for themselves. They know what is right. And show good morals through their actions.

I love 80's movies too much... but truthfully they are way better than the movies today

And that it's good sometimes to break out of own skin. To try something new. Breaking free. Talking to new people, and more important, making friends.

Celebrate The 30th Anniversary Of The Breakfast Club Detention With 30 Apropos Gifs

They kind of get my feels when it comes to class. 


The romances are sooo cute. But not to sappy.

I got Sixteen Candles! Which John Hughes Film Describes Your Love Life?

The Guys were pretty bad-ass!

John Bender was a total badass who could light a match with his fucking teeth. | 18 Reasons You Had A Crush On John Bender From The Breakfast Club

There is always adventure. Around every corner.

No one has ever looked that good flipping their hair. | 18 Reasons You Had A Crush On John Bender From The Breakfast Club

And a lot of good lines and truth. (Feeling inspired?)

On determination: | 17 Invaluable Lessons Mr. Keating Taught Us In "Dead Poets Society"

Last but not least, the language in these films are so beautiful and poetic. Something that you don't hear that much from teens these days. (Disclaimer, there is swearing) I heard someone once complain about how Johns Green teen characters are always speaking to  much like Shakespeare and not like normal teenagers. There has come a point where our speech today is so lazy that we have lost the beauty of using meaningful metaphorical words.

This is perfect. one of my favorite My So Called Life Quotes ever. He's always closing his eyes like it hurts to look at things. Angela Chase and Jordan Catalano:

-Rachy

2 comments: